PRINT FROM A WIRELESS-CAPABLE COMPUTER
Without connecting to a wireless network, one can print wirelessly with the use of HP wireless direct in their HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer.
How to print from a wireless-capable computer (Windows)?
- Ensure that the HP Wireless Direct option is switched on.
- Now, the Wi-Fi connection on your printer needs to be switched on.
- From your computer, connect to a new network as you usually do.
- Choose the wireless network you would to connect to.
- When prompted, enter the security code for the network.
- If your printer uses the network through an USB connection, then do the following.
- Based on the operating system you use, do the following,
- Windows 8: Start – – > app bar – – > All Apps – – > Printer Name – – > Utilities.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP: Start – – > All Programs – – > HP – – > Printer Folder.
- Choose Printer Setup & Software and then tap on Connect a new printer.
- Select Wireless option in the Connection Option dialog box. From the list displayed, choose the HP printer software.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Print the document that you need to.
How to print from a wireless-capable computer (OS X)?
- Ensure that your HP wireless direct is switched on.
- Switch on AirPort.
- On clicking the AirPort icon, select the HP wireless direct name which is listed as HP-Print-**-Officejet ProXXXX.)
- Add your HP printer.
- Under the System Preferences section, choose Print & Fax or Print & Scan, depending on the operating system you use.
- Select the + (plus) symbol on the left hand corner where the printers are listed.
- Tap on the printer you want to use and then click Add.