123.hp.com/setup - Driver installation for Windows
- To install the driver go on web 123.hp.com/setup and you have to be strong with the initial setup.
- You have to unbox your HP Printer machine and place it on an easily accessible zone.
- Then you have to install the ink cartridges to their respective slots.
- Make sure you are installing the cartridges in the right place. If you misplace the tri-color cartridge with the black cartridge, you may get stuck with your print job
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the rear side of your computer’s CPU. Then, you have to configure the username and password of the network.
- Find the USB cable from the package and make a connection between your computer and the HP Printer machine.
- Open your windows computer and surf for the official HP website.
- From there you have to download the HP Printer driver for your hp printer model.
- Kindly wait for a moment until the software gets downloaded.
- Then you have to install the software to your windows computer.
- To install the software you should select the pop-up notification.
- That notification will lead you to successful installation with the support of the onscreen instructions.
- Then, you have to examine the connectivity. Click the start button from your windows and search for the hardware and sounds.
- From there, you have to select devices and printers option.
- If you see any other selected printer other than your 123.hp.com/setup Printer, you have to remove that from your computer.
- Then, you have to select your printer model and pair it with the windows computer.
123.hp.com/setup - Driver installation for Mac
- Initially, you have to unbox your hp printer machine and place it near your Mac computer.
- Find the power cord among the accessories and introduce the power supply to your Mac computer.
- Then you have to pick the USB cord from the package of your HP Printer machine and connect one end to the rear side of your printer and the other to the rear side of the computer.
- Now, you have to power on your computer and the HP Printer machine.
- An Ethernet cable has to be connected to the rear side of your Mac computer.
- Check the status of the internet connection and its speed.
- Now you have to open your browser and search for the official HP Website.latest driver download from 123.hp.com/setup
- Once you find that, you have to download the HP Printer Driver for your printer model.
- Then you have to install 123.hp.com/setup printer driver software with the help of onscreen instructions of the driver installer.
- Then you should check the connection between your Mac computer and HP Printer machine.
- Now you have to click the start button on your Mac computer.
- Then, go to the scanners and printers to check the printer connected to the computer.
- If you examine any other selected printer other than your HP Printer machine you have to remove that, and select your HP Printer machine.
- Next, you have to examine the available caches. If you find high volume of caches you have to remove them completely.
- Then select your hp printer model from among the list of devices that are ready to be connected to the computer.
FIND THE PRINTER’S EMAIL ADDRESS
- Ensure that you have created an Hp ePrint account. If not, visit hpconnected.comto sign up for an ePrint account.
- Click on HP ePrint on your printer’s control panel.
- Select Print Info to customize the email address you will be fiving.
- Your HP Printer prints an information page which contains the printer code.
- Follow the instruction to customize your email address.
How to switch off HP ePrint?
- Tap on HP ePrint on the printer’s control panel screen.
- Now, select Settings.
- From the list of options available, click on ePrint and then touch Off.
Using the print apps option, you can locate and print pre-formatted web content from your printer directly.
How to use print apps?
- Choose print apps to use it on your HP officejet pro printer.
- From the list of apps available, select the one you want to use.
How to manage print apps?
Print apps can be managed using HP Connected. Users can add, configure or remove any print apps. You can also set the order in which they appear on your printer display screen.
How to switch off print apps?
- Click on HP ePrint on the printer’s control panel display screen.
- Select Settings and then choose Apps.
- Now, tap on Off.
The maintenance information about the HP printer will be provided by the Toolbox.
How to open the Toolbox?
- Open the HP software on your printer.
- From the list of options available, tap on Maintain Your Printer under the Print, Scan & Fax section.
HP Utility (OS X)
This option contains certain tools that will help you configure print settings, calibrate your printer, order supplies online and fine any support information.
How to open HP Utility?
- Go to the Hewlett-Packard folder and then double-click HP Utility which lies in the Application folder.
Embedded Web Server
When your HP Officejet Pro printer is connected to a network, you can print an information page to view status information, change and manage settings from your computer.
THE PRINTER SHUTS DOWN UNEXPECTEDLY
- Ensure that the printer’s power cord is connected to a working electrical socket.
- Also, check the Schedule On and Off feature which will switch off the printer based on the time you set.
PRINTHEAD ALIGNMENT FAILS
- Double Check if you have used unused plain papers in the output paper tray.
- If colored paper is placed in the input tray, the printhead alignment fails.
- If the printhead fails repeatedly, clean the printhead.
- If the problem is still not resolved, contact the toll free number on our site.
TEST THE WIRELESS CONNECTION
The wireless test you are conducting will provide information on printer status, MAC address and IP address.
How to print the wireless test report?
- Tap on Wireless option from the printer’s control panel.
- Select Settings.
- From the list of options available, choose Print Reports.
- Click on Print Wireless Test Report.
How to switch on or off the wireless capability of the printer?
- Slide your fingers across the printer’s control panel display screen and then touch Setup.
- Now, select Network Setup.
- Choose the Wireless Settings.
- Tap Wireless option to switch on or off the radio.
How to set link speed?
- Slide your fingers across the Hp printer display screen and then select Setup
- From the options available, choose Network Setup.
- Tap on Ethernet Settings.
- Select Advanced Setup and then choose Link Speed.
- Now, choose the appropriate speed option that matched your network hardware.
How to install the hp printer software?
HP Printer Wi-Fi Protected Setup
After setting up the HP Printer hardware, you have a go ahead to install the printing software. Wait till you install the software. Until then do not connect the computer to the printer.
Go to 123.hp.com/setup and search the software based on your hp printer model. Download the driver and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software. Now, your printer is ready to use.
If you have the software CD that came with the printer package, insert it into the computer and then install it by following the prompts displayed on screen.
Wi-Fi Protected setup (WPS) can be enabled by two ways over a wireless connection. The two modes are:
- Push Button and
- PIN mode
Requirement to setup:
- First Make sure that your wireless router and your HP Printer supports WPS Push Button mode.
- Check whether your wireless router has a WPS Push Button available or not.
- Your wireless network should use a WPA or WPA2 security.
How to connect using Push Button method?
- Click on the WPS Push Button mode on your printer. (Users can check the printer manual to know where the function is. The Push Button may vary from model to model)
- Now, press the WPS button on your wireless router. (Note: Once you enable the Push Button mode on your printer, you will have to perform this step within two minutes.)
- Click on the Setup option and choose the Network option from the printer’s Control Panel.
- If you find your wireless network’s name, tap on it; otherwise add your network’s name manually.
- Enter the password when prompted and click Ok.more information visit 123.hp.com/setup
How to change from a USB connection to wireless network HP Printer Wireless Installation
- Perform one of the following functions depending on your operating system.
- Windows 8.1 : In the lower left hand corner of the desktop, click on the down arrow and choose your hp printer name. Now, click on Utilities.
- Windows 8 : Right click on your Desktop screen and choose All Apps on the App bar. From the list of printers available, choose yours and then click on Utilities.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP : Click in the following order. Startà All Programs à HPàHP Officejet Pro printer.
- Scroll through the list of options and then choose Printer Setup & Software.
- Choose Convert a USB connected printer to wireless and follow the instructions.latest driver download from 123.hp.com/setup
Before you begin the wireless setup process, make sure that the following operation is performed.
- Your wireless network connection is properly setup and in working condition.
- Your printer and the computer used should be connected to same wireless network.
- When asked, enter the wireless network name (SSID) and wireless password.
- Based on the level of security required, you may have to use a WPA, pass phrase or WEP key. On the hp printer’s control panel, touch the Wireless button and then tap on Settings. In the list of options available, choose Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the directions to complete the setup.