HP Printer Wi-Fi Protected Setup
After setting up the HP Printer hardware, you have a go ahead to install the printing software. Wait till you install the software. Until then do not connect the computer to the printer.
Go to 123.hp.com/setup and search the software based on your hp printer model. Download the driver and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software. Now, your printer is ready to use.
If you have the software CD that came with the printer package, insert it into the computer and then install it by following the prompts displayed on screen.
Wi-Fi Protected setup (WPS) can be enabled by two ways over a wireless connection. The two modes are:
- Push Button and
- PIN mode
Requirement to setup:
- First Make sure that your wireless router and your HP Printer supports WPS Push Button mode.
- Check whether your wireless router has a WPS Push Button available or not.
- Your wireless network should use a WPA or WPA2 security.
How to connect using Push Button method?
- Click on the WPS Push Button mode on your printer. (Users can check the printer manual to know where the function is. The Push Button may vary from model to model)
- Now, press the WPS button on your wireless router. (Note: Once you enable the Push Button mode on your printer, you will have to perform this step within two minutes.)
- Click on the Setup option and choose the Network option from the printer’s Control Panel.
- If you find your wireless network’s name, tap on it; otherwise add your network’s name manually.
- Enter the password when prompted and click Ok.more information visit 123.hp.com/setup
- Perform one of the following functions depending on your operating system.
- Windows 8.1 : In the lower left hand corner of the desktop, click on the down arrow and choose your hp printer name. Now, click on Utilities.
- Windows 8 : Right click on your Desktop screen and choose All Apps on the App bar. From the list of printers available, choose yours and then click on Utilities.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP : Click in the following order. Startà All Programs à HPàHP Officejet Pro printer.
- Scroll through the list of options and then choose Printer Setup & Software.
- Choose Convert a USB connected printer to wireless and follow the instructions.latest driver download from 123.hp.com/setup
Before you begin the wireless setup process, make sure that the following operation is performed.
- Your wireless network connection is properly setup and in working condition.
- Your printer and the computer used should be connected to same wireless network.
- When asked, enter the wireless network name (SSID) and wireless password.
- Based on the level of security required, you may have to use a WPA, pass phrase or WEP key. On the hp printer’s control panel, touch the Wireless button and then tap on Settings. In the list of options available, choose Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the directions to complete the setup.